4.19.2009

Okay, I'm really bad about updating this thing...Anyway, I did keep track of what I ate for a week, and although it's not the most amazing thing you can imagine, it got the job done.


Friday dinner: Vegan sloppy joes (tofu and sloppy joe mix), corn, tater tots. It was a simple night. Had a few Mothership Wit beers to wash it down. Did you know the makers of this brew, New Belgium Brewing Co., have been wind-powered since 1999? I didn't until recently. Definitely going to support this company more in the future.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Was in a hurry to get to by brother's house so I could watch my niece, so just a bowl of Peanut Butter Pows and soy milk for breakfast.
Lunch: @ Whole Foods- Tofu spring rolls dipped in peanut sauce, and a veggie eggroll
Snack: Soy lemon yogurt
Dinner: Leftover sloppy joe stuff (okay, so this weekend wasn't the most creative, but I had places to be, yo! ha)

After-bar snack, or the vegan 4th meal: Indian pot pie (from last week), sprinkled with Tapatio (one of many hot sauce appearances sure to come). I took the leftovers from the samosas I failed at making (potatoes, parsley, peas, onions, indian spices) and threw them into whole wheat pie crusts. Topped them with the leftover phyllo dough, sprinkled with cayenne, and baked them. Turned out pretty delicious I think!

Sunday:

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal with ricemilk
Lunch: Sandwich with Yves ham, vegenaise, mustard, roasted red peppers, artichokes, lettuce, and garlic/greek olive hummus.
Dinner: Vegan pizza from City O' City, yum!!

Monday:

Breakfast: Grapefruit
Lunch: Boca chicken patty sandwich
Snack: Pita and hummus
Dinner: Baked potato topped with vegan butter, broccoli, tomatoes, salsa, spicy vegan sour cream
Dessert: Champagne mango


Tuesday:


Breakfast: Leftover vegan pizza from City O' City
Lunch: Spicy Boca chicken sandwich w/bbq sauce, lettuce
Dinner: Finished up the Indian pot pie, salad

Wednesday:

Breakfast: cereal and rice milk
Lunch: spicy boca chicken sandwich with salsa, lettuce, tomato
Dinner: Soba noodles with soy sauce and sri racha

Thursday:

Breakfast: bagel and vegan cream cheese
Lunch: Amy's bean and rice burrito smothered with lettuce, tomato and salsa
Dinner: Good old PB & J

Friday:

Breakfast: Cereal and rice milk
Lunch: Soba noodles with soy sauce
Dinner: Vegan chili- tofu, and my chili recipe: onion, garlic, tomato paste/sauce, tomatoes, garbanzo/black/kidney beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, tapatio, sri racha

This started out pretty cool, but as you can probably tell, I forgot to keep track of everything I ate, and was forced to rely on my memory after the fact. My bad.


No comments: